Frequently Asked Questions

Helping Parent

What do I do when my child gets “kicked out” of daycare?

  • ​There are situations where child care providers can legally refuse to accept a child with a disability if the child poses a direct threat to others, or if providing an accommodation would pose an undue hardship on the provider, or fundamentally alter the nature of the program. Please check the Pacer Center for a number of questions and answers regarding child care requirements at    

  • We recommend contacting Child Care Action Council for assistance at Or 800-845-1114

Where do I go for IEP questions and support? 

  • Please contact Sylvia Davenport at or 360-352-1126 x 106 for assistance.  Each case is very different and Sylvia can recommend resources that may be best for your family.

  • Please contact PAVE (Partnership for Action, Voices for Empowerment) at 253-565-2266

  • For major issues, you can contact with Office of Education Ombuds at

  • We always recommend that you thoroughly read and understand your Parent’s Rights and Procedural Safeguards as well as try to have an open and positive relationship with your school district team.

  • SSP2P puts on IEP workshops as well; watch the calendar of events

Where do I go for ABA Therapy?

  • Basics NW 360-915-6868

  • Hand in Hand Behavioral Consulting 360-810-2276

  • Magnolia Behavior Therapy 253-507-7004

  • Autism Behavior Services (Tacoma), 855-581-0100

What afterschool programs are there for my older child (ages 12-18)?

  • Special Olympics (Mark Barker,

  • Thurston County Parks and Recreation, 360-867-2588

  • Artful Expressions, 360-219-9236

  • YMCA, 360-753-6576

  • Seeds for Growth, 360-239-8834

  • Hummingbird Studio, 360-705-4665 x 120